What are Traineeships?
Traineeships help to prepare young people aged between 16 and 24 for work. Traineeships provide essential work training and Functional Skills (English, maths and IT) to equip young people with the skills needed to make an effective impact in your workforce.
- Partner must hold Ofsted grade 1 - Outstanding or grade 2 - Good
- If you do not have the above, you will need to have been listed as a SFA partner with West Nottinghamshire College in 2012/13 (if you're not sure about this information - you will need to get in touch with your account officer).
- The learner must be aged 19 or over on 31 August in the funding year, but have not had their 25th birthday at the start of the Traineeship.
- The learner does not need to have more than a little work experience but must be focused on work or the prospect of it.
- The learner will need to have been assessed by the provider as being ready for employment or an Apprenticeship within six months of starting their Traineeship.
- The learner must not hold a prior attainment above Level 2.
To find out more about Traineeships contact us