About our ALS teams
The teams work closely with students, schools, outside agencies and tutors to provide an individual support package. Support is regularly reviewed and the aim, where possible, is to guide the learner towards independence.
The service has a growing reputation and the team is delighted to link and work with key organisations such as Nottinghamshire Personality Disorder Development Network, NORSACA, Nottinghamshire Asperger’s Team, Early Intervention in Psychosis Team, RNIB, Physical disability Support Service, Speech and Language Therapy Team, as well as the Probation Service.
Find out more about ALS support
Each of our five ALS teams can provide tailored support; however as a service ALS can provide a wide range of specialist support services
- Pre-entry assessment
- Internal/external assessment of need
- Specialist classroom support e.g. communication support workers, VI IT
- Group support in the classroom
- Support staff, note takers etc.
- Assistive technology e.g. specialist software, laptops, communication support equipment
- 1:1 specialist support for dyslexia
- Additional tutorial support
- Support with personal care needs
- Advice and guidance to both learners and staff
- Disability statement
- Special examination arrangements such as extra time, readers, scribe, or a separate room
- Support with application for Local Authority transport for learners with learning difficulties and/or disabilities
- Specialist transport service for learners with learning difficulties and/or disabilities
Read our full Disability statement (pdf)
The college has been working with the organisation DisabledGo to provide detailed access information about our buildings and facilities.